Hiring an employee from aboard
If you are seeking international expertise for your company and a suitable individual cannot be found in Finland, it is worth looking for an employee or intern from abroad. It is important to remember, however, that you may need a separate permit for employing someone from another country.
Please also note that the rights and obligations for employment relationships are the same whether or not the employee is Finnish.
EURES (European Employment Services) is a comprehensive European cooperation network and a public service through which you can find from elsewhere in Europe just the kind of worker you are looking for. Also, there are many different services on offer. Follow the links below for more information on these services:
- Joining the EURES network
- Information and guidance about finding employment in Europe
- Recruiting an employee from Europe
- Examination of the terms of employment of a foreigner regarding a residence permit for an employee
- EURES - How to recruit workers from Finland (te-palvelut.fi)
- Notification of the terms and conditions of employment of non-EU nationals (suomi.fi)
- Your first EURES Job (ec.europa.eu)
- Reactive (europa.eu)
- Education development (europa.fi)